This online training course covers a wide range of topics relating to communication within the healthcare industry, such as methods of communication, techniques to improve patient communication and barriers to communication. The course will take approximately one hour to complete, and at the end of the training there are a number of multiple choice questions based on the course content, which must be answered correctly to pass the course.
Train Healthcare are fully aligned with Skills For Health and have been awarded the Skills for Health ‘Quality Mark’ for our face to face and e-learning training courses.
What is communication?
Barriers to effective communication
Verbal and non-verbal communication
Resources to aid communication
Planning for change
- Understand what is meant by communication
- Identify barriers to communication
- Explain effective communication
- Identify resources to aid communication
- Promote Patient Dignity and Equality through communication
- Be able to adopt a holistic approach when communicating with patients
- Identify benefits to patients and staff in relation to effective communication.
- Have an understanding of the Communication Cycle
- Have an awareness of conditions that may impact on communication
- Understand the different forms of communications
Possible requirements include:
Completion of Workbook