All Day Face to Face Training Day
Start Time: 9am
Finish Time: 5pm
Timings for breaks will be allocated by the trainer on the day.
Basic Life Support
- The role of the rescuer
- Situational and environment assessment
- How to act in an emergency
- Cardio-pulmonary-resuscitation (CPR)
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Dealing with a choking casualty
- Spinal mechanics and function
- Importance of back care and posture, risk factors for back pain
- Current relevant legislation and professional guidelines where relevant
- Safe management of inanimate loads
- Handling strategies for clients with impaired mobility
- What is Fire – characteristics of fire, smoke & toxic fumes
- Fire Hazards & Risks in your working environment
- Action to be taken on Discovering a Fire
- Fire Marshals Fuels
- Fire Prevention
Infection, Prevention & Control
- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Standard Precautions
- Standard infection control precautions
- Clinical Waste including Blood & Fluid spillage & Sharps
- Clostridium difficile infection
Total course duration including the online courses: Approx. 08 hours
Course outcomes meet the UK Core Skills and Training Framework guidelines.
Our certificates have a 100% success rate when submitted to all agencies, banks and trusts nationwide. This means that no matter where you submit your certificate, it will always be accepted.
All our trainers are fully qualified to deliver these courses to the Skills for Health standards and guidelines. Train Healthcare is fully aligned with Skills for Health and have been awarded the Skills for Health ‘Quality Mark’ for our face to face and e-learning training courses. This course is recommended for agency nurses.
Train Healthcare receives 4.5/5 stars in terms of positive feedback from candidates for both our online and face to face training.
There is a no refund policy for candidates who do not attend booked face to face training or arriving late. If you miss your course, you are welcome to attend another course that is available but please note that you will have to pay the full amount. The trainer has the full right to refuse entry when candidates have missed key elements of the training so please plan your journey the day before. You can reschedule your training outside of 7 days before the training.