Suicide Awareness Online training module
Cost: £5.00+VATWelcome to our Suicide Awareness online Training. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate of completion. The course duration is approximately 1 hour and will earn you 1 CPD point. You have 6 months from the date of purchase to finish this training.
This module covers various topics related to Suicide Awareness online training module:
1. Introduction to Suicide Awareness
• Importance of suicide awareness for healthcare professionals
• Prevalence and impact of suicide in the UK
2. Understanding Suicide
• Definition and misconceptions about suicide
• Risk factors for suicide
• Common warning signs and indicators
3. Assessing Suicide Risk
• Screening for suicidal ideation
• Assessing immediate risk and protective factors
• Using standardized suicide risk assessment tools
4. Responding to Suicidal Individuals
• Effective communication strategies
• Active listening and empathy
• Safety planning and crisis intervention
5. Providing Support and Referrals
• Collaborative treatment planning
• Engaging with support networks
• Referring to appropriate resources, such as helplines and mental health services
6. Self-Care for Healthcare Workers
• Recognizing the emotional impact of suicide prevention work
• Strategies for self-care and seeking support.
The learning outcomes are:
1. Understanding the importance of self-care in maintaining emotional well-being.
2. Recognizing the need to establish boundaries to protect oneself from emotional exhaustion.
3. Learning various self-care strategies, such as engaging in regular exercise, practicing mindfulness, and pursuing hobbies.
4. Understanding the significance of social support and maintaining connections with others.
5. Identifying the benefits of seeking supervision or consultation from experienced professionals.
6. Recognizing the value of support groups and communities for sharing experiences and gaining insights.
7. Understanding the potential benefits of individual therapy or counseling in processing emotions and gaining perspective.
8. Recognizing the importance of attending professional development events to enhance knowledge and skills related to self-care.
9. Understanding the significance of regularly assessing one's needs and making adjustments to self-care strategies.
10. Recognizing the role of self-compassion and self-awareness in maintaining emotional well-being.
We hope you find this module informative and beneficial for your professional development in Suicide Awareness online training module.
If you need more information about this course, please contact Train Healthcare directly at 0208 3266 704 or email email@example.com.
Please note that refunds are not available for online training purchases.
Nursing and Midwife Council's (CPD Points).
It is necessary to complete 35 hours (35 Nursing CPD Points) of relevant CPD within the three-year period since your last registration renewal or since joining the register.
Of these 35 hours (35 Nursing CPD Points), a minimum of 20 hours (20 Nursing CPD Points), should be dedicated to participatory learning, which involves engaging in activities that facilitate interaction with other professionals.