Cost: £5.00+VATWelcome to our Restraint Awareness online Training. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate of completion. The course duration is approximately 1 hour and will earn you 1 CPD point. You have 6 months from the date of purchase to finish this training.
This module covers various topics related to Restraint Awareness online training module:
1. Introduction to Restraint Awareness
• Definition and purpose of restraints in healthcare settings
• Key principles of restraint use
• Risks and benefits of restraint
• The importance of person-centered care
2. Legal and Ethical Considerations
• Legislation and guidelines relevant to restraint use in the UK
• Human rights and dignity considerations
• Consent and capacity assessment
3. Types of Restraints
• Physical restraints: types, indications, and contraindications
• Chemical restraints: medication considerations and side effects
• Alternatives to restraints: de-escalation techniques and non-pharmacological interventions
4. Risk Assessment and Decision Making
• Understanding the need for a comprehensive risk assessment
• Identifying potential triggers and warning signs
• Making informed decisions about restraint use
5. Safe Application of Restraints
• Proper selection and application of physical restraints
• Monitoring and documentation during restraint use
• Strategies to minimize harm and promote patient comfort
6. Post-Restraint Care and Debriefing
• Post-restraint assessment and monitoring
• Psychological and emotional support for patients
• Debriefing and learning from restraint incidents
7. Reporting and Documentation
• Legal requirements for reporting restraint incidents
• Accurate and comprehensive documentation
• Communication with other healthcare professionals and multidisciplinary teams
8. Promoting Restraint Reduction and Prevention
• Strategies to minimize the need for restraint
• Creating a culture of safety and person-centered care
• Continuous learning and improvement
By the end of this online training module, participants will be able to:
1. Define the purpose and principles of restraint use in healthcare settings.
2. Understand the legal and ethical considerations surrounding the use of restraints in the UK.
3. Identify different types of restraints and their indications, contraindications, and potential risks and benefits.
4. Evaluate alternatives to restraint, including de-escalation techniques and non-pharmacological interventions.
5. Conduct a comprehensive risk assessment and make informed decisions regarding the use of restraints.
6. Safely apply physical restraints, considering patient comfort and minimizing harm.
7. Monitor and document the use of restraints effectively and accurately.
8. Provide appropriate post-restraint care, including assessment, monitoring, and psychological support for patients.
9. Report restraint incidents in accordance with legal requirements and document them appropriately.
10. Promote a culture of safety and person-centered care, aiming to minimize the need for restraints through prevention and reduction strategies.
We hope you find this module informative and beneficial for your professional development in Restraint Awareness online training module.
Please note that refunds are not available for online training purchases.
Nursing and Midwife Council's (CPD Points).
It is necessary to complete 35 hours (35 Nursing CPD Points) of relevant CPD within the three-year period since your last registration renewal or since joining the register.
Of these 35 hours (35 Nursing CPD Points), a minimum of 20 hours (20 Nursing CPD Points), should be dedicated to participatory learning, which involves engaging in activities that facilitate interaction with other professionals.