The Cabinet Office has extended the contract with Capita Plc to exclusively mange the provision of training across the Civil Service for a further two years from February 2014.
The support solutions provider anticipates it will generate revenues of at least £30million per annum over the two year extension, thanks to the announcement. The first 11 months of the contract have seen Capita directly deliver 41 per cent of training with the remaining 59 per cent procured on the open market compared to the 49/51 contractual obligation.
Paul Pindar, chief executive at Capita, said: “”In the current contract’s first 11 months it generated significant savings for Civil Services departments. More than half of all courses were procured on the open market, nearly three quarters from small and medium training providers. The extended contract will enable a wider range of public sector organisations to access quality learning and development services, which provide value for money and support the delivery of excellent public service, from June onwards.”